Instruction Design Project Mgr
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Orangetheory Fitness
Our Learning & Development team drives the concept, development and implementation of scalable training programs that empower franchisees and staff to achieve optimal results. The Instructional Design Project Manager oversees a team of developers who bring together innovative ideas to create custom instructional content. The Instructional Design Project Manager is experienced with traditional learning design methodologies but is also able to create new processes and workflows that represent our forward style of learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Author scripts and other course materials, applying various writing styles and demonstrating an expertise in grammar, punctuation, spelling, company nomenclature, and copyright compliance
• Initiate and manage throughout the lifecycle of project, including: initiating projects, creating project plans, executing all milestones and tasks, monitoring risk, and evaluating success
• Developing and maintaining project timelines, working as a liaison between account staff, clients, designers, and management
• Leverage a diverse set of skills and delivery approaches, including: instructor led, blended, experiential, media based, performance support, and other emerging technologies
• Demonstrated strong time management, project management and delegation skills
• Work with Curriculum Designers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify course description, learning objectives, content, and eLearning activities
• Proven experience with development tools, such as Storyline, Captivate and InDesign
• Implement feedback effectively and efficiently
• Recommend new ways to scale and produce content that is designed to reach a global audience
• Perform QA reviews on all e-learning
• Ability to work independently, self-direct, and be self-sufficient while succeeding in a team environment
• At least 3 years overseeing instructional design and content management in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
• Bachelor\u0027s degree in a relevant discipline (advanced degree or certifications are a plus)
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deliverables
• Demonstrated success developing training using adult learning principles and design theories
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and driving development timelines
• Shows a strong passion for learning development and enhancing the learner experience
• Creative thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
• Outstanding eye for creative design (interface, layout, flow, and all sensory aspects)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Captivate
• Experience working with an LMS is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Decision Making
This position supervises a team of instructional design professionals and multimedia developers.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50lbs.
This position does not require travel; although may have some locally within the work day as needed.