Team Head, Public Relations, North America
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- The Team Head for North American Public Relations reports to the Head of Consumer PR and is a member of the global marketing team.
- This person will be responsible for creating and driving PR strategy for the brand in the North American Market.
- They will help tell premium brand stories connecting our consumers with our products, athletes, and ambassadors.
- This position will work closely with both of PUMA's global and North American marketing teams to translate our global initiatives to the North American market.
- Develop PR strategies and campaigns for global and regionally specific initiatives within the North America media landscape.
- Think outside the box and bring new opportunities to the table to help communicate brand and product news consistently.
- Create and execute unique, results-driven launch moments and events for product drops and programs that align with brand vision and business goals.
- Execute innovative PR techniques, clear messaging and compelling story telling targeting influential media across all channels to support product and brand campaigns.
- Work closely with the North America account marketing teams to communicate account specific programming and build buzz to drive sales.
- Collaborate with Entertainment Marketing team to support ambassador programming within the US.
- Organize media interviews and event media attendance and coverage.
- Oversee communications calendar for US media.
- Create media materials and press kits.
- Manage the production logistics of creative mailers, special press kits, PR photos and other materials with outside production vendor.
- Manage North American PR team members.
- Manage North American agency relationships and help drive their success.
- Act as a PUMA representative at all events.
- Manage PR budget.
- Must have US PR experience and existing relationships with the US Media
- Agency Experience Preferred
- Experience and familiarity with the sporting goods, fashion, lifestyle, or consumer goods space
- Should have an international/global mindset
- Experience managing team members
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be highly collaborative and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team; matrixed global organization.
- Domestic and international travel up to 20% annually
- Position is based in Boston but must be able to travel to the Regional Office in Westford, MA at least once per week.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: