Analyst II, Product Testing
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Under Armour
WHAT DOES THIS OPPORTUNITY GIVE ME?
- Chance to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ownership. Own your job and be accountable for your work.
- Exposure. The ability to partner with business units across the organization.
- Growth. Potential for career growth is a company initiative.
- Pride. Work for a brand that delivers a consistent message every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the wear test manager and team by assisting with training of new and current team members, assist manager with the departmental policies and procedures, supervisory support for of the team members.
- Create, implement, lead and manage your category specific wear test plans including determining the quantity of prototypes tested per season working together with the category development team.
- Ensure the quality of Footwear by conducting tests on athletes with a focus on fit, performance, functionally and durability.
- Maintain an active high level recruiting plan and database for qualified testers.
- Work with athletes/testers to provide prototype feedback along with researching relevant variableswhich could potentially affect product and/or processes.
- Provide clear and precise feedback communication, verbally and/or written, to your category bysummarizing results and offering analysis tothe category development team.
- Use your understanding and experience ofthe athlete and the footwear creation processes to offer suggestionsin regard to fit and performance issues that need attention prior to production.
- Build new relationships, promote teamwork and cross-functionally communicate effectively and efficiently with Developers, Designers, PLM, Product Integrity and other various Under Armour departments.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate externally with teams, schools, athlete contacts and wear testers in other intended product market segments.
- Work closely with Under Armour personnel involved with innovation, mechanical and lab testing to analyze overlap information and integrate testing process and goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree (May consider an additional 2 years of related experience in lieu of a degree).
- 2-3 years of experience in the footwear industry, product testing, development, marketing, engineering, retail, customer service or any combination.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven leadership skills within your testing category and the wear test department.
- Ability to take initiative when required. Create, implement and follow strategic plans to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with multiple personally types and levels.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects/tasks with sensitive deadlines.
- Proven knowledge and experience of testing category
- Experience recruiting and communicating with testers/public along with obtaining clear, precise prototype feedback.
- Experience working with NCAA level athletes, coaches, and equipment managers preferred.
- Proven proficiency with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to travel up to 30-35% of the year
- Ability & willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.