APLA CDO Accounting Manager
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of Nike, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike's path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of the company's investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, the teams' unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
As the Asia Pacific/Latin America (APLA) Order to Cash (O2C) Consumer Direct Offense (CDO) Accounting Manager, for NIKE APLA Controlling, you will drive influential and collaborative relationships with cross-functional business partners to deliver informed business decisions, process excellence, optimized financial control and financial statement accuracy related to APLA revenue and receivables. In this role you will report directly to the APLA Order to Cash Director.
Nike's introduction of the Consumer Direct Offense allows Nike to better serve the consumer personally and at scale. Leveraging the power of digital, Nike is growing - by accelerating innovation and product creation, moving even closer to the consumer through Key Cities, and deepening one-to-one connections. The Consumer Direct Offense is fueled by Nike's Triple Double strategy: 2X Innovation, 2X Speed and 2X Direct connections with consumers.
- Support accounting processes and effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for CDO concepts, including the treatment of revenue recognition and related other accounting implications associated with Nike's CDO in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies and Processes;
- Partnering with business development, legal, technology, digital and wholesale sales teams to understand new CDO opportunities and developing an engagement plan for ongoing communications
- Partner with finance planning and other business counterparts to understand financial statement impact of CDO opportunities, forecast growth of CDO concepts and provide informed business decisions to enable the execution of CDO initiatives;
- Play a key role in communicating with the global O2C team to inform on CDO developments and timelines
- Evaluate potential new and changing customer arrangements as a result of CDO concepts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies;
- Research and write technical revenue accounting memos that provide analyses and conclusions related to various complex accounting issues;
- Perform technical research on revenue recognition and/or other complex accounting issues, and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners;
- Continuously communicate the expected impact of the new CDO arrangements to key stakeholders;
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures and controls related to the new CDO arrangements
- Stay current on new revenue accounting rules and help develop appropriate policies and processes;
- Work closely with NIKE Global compliance to manage any Internal, External Audit and SOX compliance work related to revenue for CDO concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Retail and/or wholesale revenue experience is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance or related functions
- Big 4 Public accounting experience & Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand
- Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is strongly preferred
- Proven people management experience;
- Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP or Oracle is strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, risks and opportunities with senior leadership team;
- Proven ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Proven ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation;
- Transformative, process oriented and forward thinking mindset.