Supervisor, Media (Digital Media Planning)
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by CBS
Showtime-Over-the-Internet Media Planning, Activation, Optimization, and Analysis
Work with media team on day-to-day operations pertaining to acquisition media for Showtime across various platforms with an emphasis on the standalone app and direct-to-consumer services.
- Serve as a regular point-of-contact for external agencies, providing feedback on targeting, plan development, and optimizations.
- Ensure plans are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly, and executable based on production schedules.
- Attend and be an active participant in all weekly status meetings with the customer engagement agency.
- Communicate premiere dates, product updates, and other pertinent information as it becomes available.
- Work closely with the Subscription Marketing team in the stewardship of media plans to closely sync up media tactics and agency deliverables with specific marketing needs.
- Contribute to the development and authoring of presentations that articulate media strategies and tactics to secure sign-off to activate plans. Opportunity to present this work to senior management and executives in collaborating departments.
- Analyze campaign results with an emphasis on digital media KPIs (provider leads, app downloads, Free Trial Starts, etc.), and connect to business KPIs (conversion, churn, consumer lifetime value) to ensure cumulative refinement for future initiatives.
- Help manage paid search strategy and execution
- Review keyword list, copy, and links; coordinate with relevant marketing teams
- Optimize search campaigns based on partner activity (Amazon, Apple, Hulu, etc.)
- Read, analyze and utilize topical media research as needed.
- Manage operational responsibilities to steward campaigns forward:
- Issue new plans and updates to Management.
- Process and track all media authorizations.
- Assist in organizing and setting up for relevant meetings
- Day-to-day media contact for partner agencies for billing topics, which entails:
- Completing all monthly billing responsibilities in a timely manner
- Assuring timely delivery of signed invoices to the Finance department
- Accurately and efficiently coding and tracking all media invoices
- Reconciling all discrepancies with the agency
- Liaising with SHO departments and the Finance Manager for day-to-day financial issues
- Work with the agencies to track and manage annual commitments.
- Assist senior team members with managing long range financial documents related to advertising spend, including: media budget charts for monthly and quarterly spend, spending by channel, etc.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in marketing, advertising and media planning
- Foundational understanding of digital media planning and analytics, especially within the direct response space (digital tactics including search, social, programmatic, display, video, and mobile advertising)
- Exceptional communicator, including written, verbal, presentation and listening skills
- Collaborative nature, strong work ethic, and computer proficiency
- Great attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and comfort managing important financial documents
- Passion for entertainment and Showtime programming
- Comfort analyzing data and using it to illustrate a marketing story
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at  and  .