Store Supervisor, Operations
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Pga Tour Superstore
At PGA TOUR Superstore, we're always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we're dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates - driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager and/or General Manager and has direct responsibility over back-end of the store (Receiving and Freight Crew Associates). The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world class shopping experience.
Overall Function of this Position:
- The Operations Supervisor must be capable of motivating him/her self as well as other associates to accomplish team goals and objectives with a high sense of urgency.
- The Operations Supervisor will provide leadership throughout the store to ensure that all associates are trained and well-versed on all store services procedures, policies and programs related to merchandise movement and standards as well as the back end store operation.
- The Operations Supervisor has ownership of the implementation and execution of programs and procedures that support the merchandising and operation of the store.
- The Operations Supervisor is responsible for developing associates and making sure that they receive timely and effective training and on-going verbal and written communication on execution of store operations.
- The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations that relate to operating the store. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of Ecommerce Fulfillment, Operations team, to include scheduling, and the performance management process (associate performance notices, and performance discussion tracking forms).
- Management and thorough knowledge of the POS system and SAP in stores to include auditing, loss prevention, receiving, cycle counts, RTV's, transfers, and other merchandise movement both internally & externally.
- Management of freight processing and ensuring signage, price changes, bulletins, and merchandising are executed following the direction from Store Support Center.
- Management of execution of procedures and programs that support store operations and merchandising direction from Store Support Center are implemented consistently.
- Responsible for knowing and training new & existing associates on programs related to merchandising and back end processes.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate cross-functionally. Candidates communicate expectations and instructions to associates to execute company programs.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong strategic skills, be able to forecast business needs, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives. They must have strong organizational and intuitive skills to make sound decisions without direct supervision.
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in sales, management and associate development preferred.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Candidate must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
- Working conditions and physical demands:
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.