Group Dir, Home Improvement Client
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Octagon
THE JOB / Group Director
We are looking for an experienced leader of cross-functional teams, leagues, and agencies to step in to this integrated marketing role. As our Group Director you will lead an account at Octagon with an organizational structure that encompasses approximately 5 full time team members working across a variety of programs. Programing includes management of clients' sponsorship portfolio, management of clients' college football programming and media partnership and B2B event & tradeshow activations.
This position has significant program management, agency integration and team leadership responsibilities and will be directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the business including but not limited to: administration, staffing & supervision, and resource allocation. Daily duties will include strategic ideation, insight, program development, implementation management and measurement of all B2C programming across this account. The Group Director will have daily exposure to and collaborate with senior leadership, clients, agency partners and team members. Strong communication and presentation skills, long-term strategic planning, ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and team leadership skills are mandatory for this position.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Lead our team in annually ideating, developing, recommending and executing a number of annual consumer-facing marketing campaigns
- Interface with multiple clients and agencies on a daily basis to ensure that programs remain on track and the sponsorship channel is represented appropriately in each initiative
- Oversee and assist in all aspects of program planning and implementation to ensure flawless delivery of experiences
- Be a subject matter expert, resource, leader and consultative resource for our team
- Maintain an understanding of clients business objectives across all lines of business
- Design and manage all centralized functions for account team management: team responsibility, program management, expense reporting, budget tracking and measurement
- Provide assistance and guidance in annual SOW planning and team review/management
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's degree and/or 7ish years of integrated sports marketing experience, media integration experience important
- Previous experience in working on cross-functional agency/client teams
- Strong presentation skills (in-person and remote) for delivery of concepts/marketing plans to client Sr. Management
- Long term strategic planning and vision for development and execution of national promotions leveraging all elements of the marketing mix
- Ability to plan for and manage several programs simultaneously
- Experience in managing direct reports with strong supervisory skills to aid in their career development and continued value to the client
- Strong writing skills and ability to develop clear and concise planning documents and points of view for the client
- A writing and/or PowerPoint assignment may be part of the hiring process
- Ability and desire to foster new opportunities for client support and develop new opportunities for Octagon
- Immersion in client's brand, business and strategic marketing approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.