Director of Merchandising
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment
The Director of Merchandising is responsible for translating the brand identity into presentation ideas and solutions. Through product, retail marketing programs, in-store presentations, external partnerships and collaborations to drive sales, awareness, and excitement. The individual filling this position should possess a strong merchandising and marketing background, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is anEqual Opportunity Employer(EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing and leading all aspects of the Brooklyn Nets, Long Island Nets, and Brooklyn Boxing both locally and globally;
- Craft long-term merchandising strategy by integrating customer insight, competitor information, market research and analytics, seasonal and annual business plans as well as pricing direction with a specific focus on the organization's strategic direction;
- Provides direction to achieve sales and profitability goals through the development and execution of retail marketing initiatives, product launches, and in-store visual presentations;
- Creation and refinement of product assortment, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives;
- Maintain relationship with the NBA and its licensees for all things related to team identity and on-court branding;
- Maintains relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for the best quality product at affordable pricing; handle reconciliation process of invoices from vendors;
- Point person for occupants looking to utilize Featured on Flatbush pop-up space;
- Work with Rank & Rally to create best in class merchandise assortment, improve profitability, and brand exposure;
- Analyze operations and introduced change management strategies to address cost reduction and service improvement;
- Attends trade fairs to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- Trains and mentors junior staff;
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Marketing Officer;
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required in Visual Marketing, Merchandising, or relevant area of study
- Preference for an advanced degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Merchandising/Retail marketing
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills;
- Dynamic, forward thinking, deeply analytical and well organized
- Advanced skills with navigating the Internet and utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word software
- Highly ethical and discrete in order to respect, protect and maintain confidential/private information;
- Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole;
- Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
The person in this position may be required to travel in and out of market. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend shows, games and other events. Will also be expected to work on certain weekends and holidays.