Automation Engineer (Wonderware System Platform)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
WHY WORK HERE?
* company is environmentally conscious and focuses on sustainability
* fast-paced work that is not at all boring; always launching new innovations!
* will lead projects and have leeway in how the project is developed
* opportunitiesfor career advancement
* company invests in and developstheir employees
* great benefits
When not traveling for projects, you canWORK FROM YOUR OWN HOMEOROUT OF AN OFFICE IN ONE OF THE COMPANYSPLANTSif its already commutable to you.They have plants in the following areas:
* MIDWEST:Cedar RapidsIA,Kansas City MO,Livonia MI
* EAST:Liverpool NY,Scarborough ME,Wilmington MA,Baltimore, MD
* WEST:Modesto CA
* Florida: Orlando, Jacksonville
* Georgia: Atlanta, Albany,Pendergrass
* Texas: Temple, Lubbock, Kilgore
* Charlotte NC,ElloreeSC,Hammond LA, Jackson MS,Bowling GreenKY,Suffolk VA
JOB SUMMARY AND DUTIES:
In thisrole you will be part of the engineering group that supports the companys plant operations in North America (mostly the US and Canada). Your responsibilities will focus on the development, implementation, integration, and support of Wonderware Systems and Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS).
* conduct system development and configuration in Wonderware System Platform, ArchestrA, InTouch, and MS SQL Server.
* work hand in hand with the process engineering team on mechanical, electrical and controls integration with the Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS).
* analyze business problems, developsolutions and implementvalue-added technical and non-technical solutions to those challenges.
* maintain a strong positive relationship between the business entities and the Engineering organization.
* propose and deliver systems and services that add increasing value to the business on time and within budget.
* embrace and enforce company FMS standards with new and existing equipment vendors to support rapid implementations.
* provideplant support for FMS during the day, off-hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
* travel 30-50% (likely closer to 50% since this is a remote position)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) from an accredited program
* At least 3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
* At least 3 years of demonstrated project experience implementing WonderwareSystems / ArchestrA
* Knowledge of basic production manufacturing metrics
* SQL Server and .NET experience a plus!
* Understanding of Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLCs (ControlLogix) would be helpful.
* Strong project management and time management skills
* Comfortable working on plant floors and in fast-paced, results-oriented environments
* Comfortable working in a hands-on, start-up environment with challenging, aggressive schedules
* Able to travel 30-50% (likely closer to 50% since this is a remote position)
* Able to attend trainingin Orlando, FL, as well as at other company sites, at the beginning of employment for a 2-6 month period (amount of time depends on how long it takes the engineer to get up to speed).
Affinity Executive Search
Eli Lilly and Company
Army National Guard