Sr. Design Engineer
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Under limited supervision, serves as expert consultant and leader of multi-functional project teams responsible for increasingly complex projects that are aligned with the business strategy.
* Will contribute technical expertise to development of overall project and departmental strategies.
* Supports departmental goals and objectives.
* Frequently provides technical advice, expertise and support to other designers. May be considered an expert in a specific area.
* Generates designs for new projects based on customer requirements (Inputs).
* Generates appropriate documentation as required per company procedures. (Outputs)
* Insures compliance with ISO, FDA and local regulations.
* Provides prototype and post-production problem solving and support.
* Understands, practices, and corporate policies and procedures.
* Travels for but not limited to: training, departmental planning session, customer support.
* Remains up-to-date on our market requirements & trends and suggests creative ways to improve designs both from cost and functional perspectives. This includes an understanding of the instrument sets and implants that will be housed in our case and trays.
* Ability to accomplish assignments with limited supervision under department guidelines. Decisions can impact company project deadlines and profits
* Support manufacturing process in varying capacities as required.
* Once employee demonstrates competency in position, he/she may be required to train others in similar roles.
Bachelors degree in Engineeringhighlypreferred
3-5 years experience designing in medical or related fields
Strong design experience and project management skills required
Previous leadership or supervision experience preferred
3D CAD modeling experience required
Siemens NX or SolidWorks experience preferred
Strong Microsoft office skills preferred