Software Engineer - Web Application
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The Software Engineer will be a leader in the architecture, design, and development of a web-based system that manages compounding orders, manages the recipes for compounding, and manages request and results from our compounding products.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that the architecture and design are flexible, robust and meet the requirements.
The software is architectedas a set of Docker contained ******* micro-service for the back end and React/Redux for the client.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining a collaborative environment and improving best practices in design and implementation (including clean coding practices, code review, unit testing, and code analysis.)
* Leading a web-based development team
* Working closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
* Providing technical leadership for the architecture, design, implementation of web-based client and server solutions
* Drive, promote and measure team performance against defined goals
* Work with the appropriate continuous integration and production build processes and environments
* Ensuring the quality of the software through appropriate processes, documentation, and testing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Understanding of industry best practices and process associated with software development, including technical writing, system documentation, unit & integration testing and design document management.
* Experience working with diverse software development groups including outsource development
* Proven software leadership experience in an AGILE environment
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering fields of study
* 8+ years experience in software engineering.
* 5+ years experience in other object-oriented languages, C++, JAVA, C#
* 3+ years experience in web-based client and/or server software
* 2 years experience in SQL, Database Experience required
* M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering fields of study
* Medical Device software development experience
* Experience with:
* containers (docker, kubernetes or similar)
* SQL Server