Retail Assistant Store Manager
Posted on Nov 30, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Responsible for ensuring the Store consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective use of short and long term planning, expense control, sales and service.
- Guarantee consistently high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMA's Brand Values and service standards.
- Responsible for assisting Store Manager with the recruitment, training, development and succession of high performing, results driven Associates and Supervisors.
- Spends 90% of their working time on the sales floor engaging with consumers, selling, and coaching employees.
- Will act as the Store Manager when the Store Manager is away from the store for any given reason.
- Assist the Store Manager in preparing and administering timely and accurate performance appraisals.
- Accountable for payroll control and service driven scheduling in order to maintain a highly profitable location while providing the highest levels of service to customers.
- Responsible for ensuring training programs (required per the Role), both Domestic and Global, are successfully completed to drive results within the store.
- Assist the Store Manager in analyzing customer profiles, buying trends and competitive information to impact and drive business.
- Manage and monitor Loss Prevention education and awareness programs. Directly responsible for Loss Prevention and Operational compliance within store.
- Manage and achieve or exceed all Inventory and Shrink goals; oversee and manage Physical Inventory counts
- Directly responsible for execution and processing of both incoming and outgoing merchandise
- Manage and communicate merchandise opportunities to Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager inCommunicating, managing and executing all Marketing driven initiatives and events within budget and according to all Policies & Procedures
- Develop and maintain strong communication with local PR and marketing
- Attend offsite training and position related meetings as required by Store Manager; travel may be required
- Responsible for accurately processing sales, exchange, and refund transactions at the cash desk, with proper operation of the POS system, handling forms of tender with accuracy and respect, and ensuring proper discounts are applied when applicable. Also, responsible for processing employee transactions while adhering to the Associate Discount Policy & Procedure.
- Ensure execution and maintenance of all Visual Guidelines as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the Store always meets or exceeds PUMA standards
- Maintain physical condition of Store according to relevant guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner
- Required to comply with all Policies & Procedures, operational core competencies and key accountabilities
- Execute all requirements necessary to maintain a safe and compliant working environment for all Store Associates and Customers
- Two to four years of management experience in a focused, customer service oriented retail environment (preferably apparel/footwear) with results driven track record
- Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals, demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent Managers as well as teams, ability to reason through complex issues, demonstrates effective communication, ability to present information to large groups
- The ability to constantly walk and move about is required. This role involves frequent stationary standing, reaching, bending/twisting of head, maintaining balance while walking, occasional kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending/stooping at waist/torso and sitting to assist customers, pushing/pulling equipment such as shelving bays, dollies, carts, and racks with up to 20 pounds of force as well as lifting/carrying/placing boxes of product up to 30 pounds in weight at heights up to 131 inches while using a ladder.
- The role requires using ladder/step stool equipment, and maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the sales and stock area are also required.Environmental factors of action include operation of foot controls for operating mobile stock shelving bays and exposure to working at heights.
- Use of the following senses are critical to this position: speaking, hearing, near & far acuity, depth perception and field of vision.
- Cognitive factors critical to this function are: reading comprehension, basic math calculations, writing, complex problem solving and basic computer work.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: