CNC Field Service Technician
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
This job reports to Service Manager according to company Organizational Chart.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Travel to install new equipment and resolve difficulties with company machinery.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (performs some or all of the following)
* Travel 50% of the time to customers facilities to resolve problems with clientmachinery.
* Install newmachinery.
* Diagnose and resolve problems in all or some of the following areas, including interactions between areas.
* Mechanical issues on the equipment.
* Electrical issues on the equipment.
* Hydraulic issues on the equipment.
* Pneumatic issues on the equipment.
* Process issues on the equipment.
* Troubleshoot machine problems for customers, sometimes over the phone or via e-mail.
* Provide the customer with a positive sense of what our company is, the service technician is a front line ambassador.
* Communicate with Mechanical Engineering.
* Communicate with Electrical Engineering.
* The above description in no way states that these are the only duties to be performed by someone with this job title.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
* Excellent general understanding of machine tool equipment in general.
* Excellent computer skills required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Acrobat Reader as well as other programs.
* Ability to read and understand ladder logic for diagnostic purposes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Minimum 2 years technical experience with machinery and related equipment preferred.
* Minimum 1 year electrical trouble shooting experience preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent.