CNC Service Engineer
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
HANDS ON MANAGER WITH UP TO 30% INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL TRAVEL. MOST TRAVEL WILL BE THROUGHOUT ILLINOIS HOWEVER OCCASIONAL INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED IN SOUTH AMERICA & CANADA.
SENIOR CNC SERVICE ENGINEER WILL RESIDE AROUND THE SCHAUMBURG, IL AREA. STARTING BASE SALARY $90,000 PLUS BONUSES AND BENEFITS.
* Supervise the day to day operation of the Service Business to ensure that the operation is within standards to deliver a superior experience to our customers.
* Manage up to 5 field service engineers contractors.
* Ensure prompt and efficient telephone or on-site response to field requests for technical assistance needed to resolve problems and complaints.
* Maintain liaison between service and business unit.
* Track various performance criteria and attendance policies to include scheduling, vacations, pay roll and hours worked.
* Track various performance criteria and attendance policies for Contractors to include scheduling, vacations, pay roll and hours worked.
* Responsible for hiring and training of new employees as well as conducting onboarding programs
* Receive, investigate and resolve customer and field inquiries relating to but not limited to service performance, product quality, parts quality.
* Plan monthly meeting agendas and facilitate monthly management meetings.
* Obtain extensive product knowledge of the entire product line, accessories, parts and their relationship to specific devices and systems in order to converse on the required levels.
* Work with all necessary divisions and departments within the corporation to meet its business objectives.
* Ensure service readiness. Determine product needs for spare parts, special service tools, service training and intelligent machine design from a service point of view.
* 5 + years in Technical or engineering related field
* 2 + years demonstrated proficiency as a Manager
* 2 + years people management experience with a proven track record of performance management skills
* Fanuc, Siemens Experience
* Machine Tool Knowledge - Mills, Lathes, turning centers
* Machine Tool Component Knowledge
* Up to 30% travel possible