Field Service Technician - Northern MI
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The CNC Field Service Technician will have an extensive understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Traveling to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all CNC machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations
* Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
* Ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer in regards to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation
* Promoting and performing preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment and conducting after-sales technical support and training
* Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
* 3+ years of experience with mechanical/ electrical repair of CNC machine tools
* Experience with business programs as necessary
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
* Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job. This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends.
* Frequent travel, including driving throughout a regional territory is necessary.