Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
OUR CLIENT - A GLOBAL BUILDING PRODUCTS LEADER IS CURRENTLY SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE POSITION OF ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEER.
The Electrical Project Engineer has responsibility for managing maintenance and engineering projects, including design help, obtaining contractor quotations, directing contractor crews, and training of operating, maintenance personnel for equipment, buildings, and grounds. Assist in restoring equipment and systems to service after failures and shutdowns and provide coverage for Maintenance Supervisor. This person is a key resource for the maintenance team
The plant is ideally situated in South Jersey, close to Philadelphia, and offers full-time employment with competitive pay and benefits.
* Be an active participate in the safety process and practice safe work habits at all times.
* Responsible for development of project scope, engineering specifications and cost estimates for all projects as assigned. Be the JM representative for all projects as assigned.
* Manage projects, including design, engineering, estimating, scheduling, obtaining contractor quotes, directing crews, and training operating and maintenance personnel.
* Identify, engage and mange contractors during the construction and installation of plant projects
* Actively work with Process Engineers to solve process / equipment issues.
* Make minor changes to drawings using AutoCAD. Direct major changes through contractor / engineering designer.
* Other projects to include combustion systems, glass melting, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, piping, HVAC, abatement systems, and other mechanical components.
* Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
Exciting opportunity for an Engineer who has operated as the sole POC for all things electrical in a manufacturing setting. Competent in both high/low voltage systems and control systems.
5+ TO 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
STRONG EXPERIENCE WITH MEDIUM VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION AND EQUIPMENT
* BS DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OR CONTROLS ENGINEERING
* _Continuous manufacturing_
* Commissioning experience
* Experience with medium voltage electrical distribution and equipment, Arc Flash Electrical Safety, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
* Proficiency with Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI applications (including programming) along with communications within enterprise and control networked systems.
* Demonstrated project management skills and success managing projects $50k-$750k+.
* Proficiency with Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI applications (including programming).
* Must have passion for results.