Posted on Dec 1, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world's most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We're a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As one of our Employee Relations Director, you'll create a competitive advantage for Nike by bringing your Employee Relations subject matter expertise to Nike's Global team. In this role you will lead a team of Employee Relations Manager and Specialist to partner with employees, business managers to provide resources and guidance when complex workplace issues arise among employees or between employees and managers, especially at key points of the employee life cycle such as performance management, leaves, end of employment, and internal job changes. In addition, you'll approach your work proactively and in a consultative manner educating employees and managers at each touch point, enabling them to make decisions that provide a fair and consistent employment experience throughout the organization, thereby stewarding the employment and cultural brand of NIKE, Inc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Psychology, Sociology, Industrial Relations or a related field
- 6 years' varied/progressive HR or related business experience, including 2 years' significant employee relations experience and experience in performance/compensation management, employee relations, training and development, leadership and competency development, and benefits
- 8 years' experience in lieu of a degree
- Spanish speaking skills preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US employment laws
- 5+ years supporting a retail organization in an Employee Relations capacity.
- Must have global experience in Human Resources (HR Business Partner, HR Manager and/or Employee Relations) Strong negotiation and influencing skills with proven success in influencing employees at all levels of the organization in a consultative methodology
- Ability to be confidential with sensitive information Interpersonal and organizational consulting, delivery and facilitation skills Ability to develop and facilitate interventions that reflect systemic thinking