Prototype CNC Machinist
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Openings include: 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift and Weekend 3 day shift
We are a leading contract manufacturer of highly-engineered precision instruments, implants, and other devices primarily for the orthopaedic implant industry. We take pride in having a strong technical staff to provide value-added engineering and design support services to complement our rapid manufacturing of prototypes, "customs and special" instrument modification, and production-volume manufacturing services. Headquartered in Seabrook, New Hampshire and founded in 1973, we haveover 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space operating seven days per week. We cultivate a talented and capable workforce by empowering employees, promoting training and implementing the right tools and technologies.
We are looking to hire a skilled and experienced Prototype Machinist to join our talented team. We are offering a $1500 Signing Bonus, following the favorable completion of 6 months of a fulltime work schedule, to the successful candidate along with competitive salaries and employee benefits and a congenial workplace.
Qualified applicants must have the ability to operate and/or set-up and edit programs on Multi axis CNC Machines to support medical device manufacturing. Applicant must be proficient with one or more of the following machines:
* Prototrack Lathe
* Sharp Millpower
* Haas Minimill
* Fanuc Wire EDM
* Ram EDM
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic prototype parts by evaluating machinability, designs and builds special tooling in order to effectively produce parts to specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Follow the instructions on the Process sheet, Drawings and/or Programs.
* Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished instrument/device, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Manufactures and inspects custom instruments to customer drawing and specifications.
* Records inspected dimensions, completes all documentation of work performed and accurately records time through Visual Labor tickets.
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Safely starts and operates machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required. Verifies conformance of finished instrument/device to specifications.
* Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
* Confers with engineers, technicians, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
* Interface/communicate with Quality, Engineering and other team members as needed.
* Must maintain a clean and efficient work station while maintaining safety standards and production efficiency levels.
* Keep machine tools clean and in good working order.
* May train employees within the department.
* Helps others trouble shoot their work
* Responsible for assuring that assigned activities are performed in accordance with our Quality System procedures.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong mechanical and trouble shooting ability
* A possession of practical /technical knowledge required for the job.
* Ability to read and interpret blue prints
* Ability to efficiently produce an adequate volume of work in a specified period of time.
* An ability to perform tasks within a team oriented environment.
* Strong coach, teacher and communicator
* An ability to thoroughly produce tasks with accuracy and neatness.
* A willingness to seek out new assignments and assume additional duties when necessary.
* An ability to be relied upon for task completion and follow-up.
* An ability to perform work with little or no supervision and demonstrate proper judgment and decision making skills when necessary.
* A willingness to be punctual, observes prescribed work periods, and have an acceptable attendance record.
* A willingness to adhere to company safety policies and regulations.
* An ability to cooperate, work and communicate with coworkers, supervisors, subordinates, and/or outside contacts.