Swiss CNC Machinist
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Openings include: 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift and Weekend 3 day shift
We are looking to hire skilled and experienced CNC Swiss Machinists to join our talented team.
Qualified applicants must have the ability to operate and/or set-up and edit programs on CNC Swiss Machines. Applicant must be proficient with one or more of the following machines:
* Citizen Swiss A-20, L-20, M32, M32Y
* Tsugami S-206, SS-20.
We are offering a $2500 Signing Bonus, following the favorable completion of 6 months of a fulltime work schedule, to the successful candidate along with competitive salaries and employee benefits and a congenial workplace.
To operate, set-up and edit programs on CNC Swiss Machines to support medical device manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Proficient with one or more of the following machines: Citizen Swiss A-20, L-20, M32, M32Y
* Operate and set-up on the machines within the department
* In addition to running machines, the Machinist will periodically inspect parts completed by operators during the production process to monitor for consistent dimensional and visual quality
* Responsible for continuously monitoring equipment and tooling. In the event of a breakdown or other event that would disrupt the process, the Department Lead will be notified to resolve the problem.
* Follow the instructions on the Process sheet, Drawings and/or Programs.
* Assist others to trouble shoot their work
* Interface/communicate with Quality, Engineering and other team members as needed.
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
* Responsible for assuring that assigned activities are performed in accordance with ourQuality System procedures.
* Review programs to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
* Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications
* Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
* Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction
* Comply with ECO Process to modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation
* Maintain high level of quality of job throughout the manufacturing process
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Ability to set up and prove out new work, edit programs, and build fixtures
* Ability to coach, train and communicate with department personnel
* Ability to read and interpret blue prints
* Ability to change tools and offsets
* Strong Mechanical and trouble shooting ability
* Strong interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, contributing to a team oriented environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Equivalent to high school education, GED, or 5 year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Light to moderate physical exertion required
* Lifting/carrying Maximum lbs: 50
* Frequent lbs: 1-10
* Regularly required to stand, reach and move about the facility
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work near moving mechanical parts.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.