Senior Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Ascension
Additional Job Information
Title: Senior Service Desk Analyst
City, State: Troy, MI
Location: MITROY 800 Tower Dr
Department: Ops Service Center CRC
Additional Job Details: FT Rotating
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
The Senior Service Desk Analyst provides Tier 1 (first call) help desk support to end users.
- Assists end users with troubleshooting and resolving desktop and application-related problems including problems with passwords, printers, email, anti-virus programs and business software.
- Enters and maintains accurate information and data regarding end user issues within designated tracking system.
- Resolves end user problems within scope of responsibility.
- Determines when it is necessary to forward/assign a problem to the appropriate Tier 2 support group.
- Triages problems and assigns proper priority to issues while assigning issues to the correct Information Services teams.
- Executes notification processes to management and clients during service disruptions and facilitates communication between Service Desk Levels 2 - 4 Information Services Support teams.
- Uses Knowledge Database to assist with triaging problems, assigning proper priority to issues and assigning issues to the correct IS Support Teams.
- Acts as a mentor and trainer for newly hired analysts as they work to complete their technical and soft skill training, and business unit certifications.
- Develops knowledge articles and/or provide review and feedback of existing articles to ensure accurate and up to date support information exists in the knowledge database.
- Acts as an escalation point for less experienced analysts by offering technical assistance and/or by reviewing their work prior to routing to next levels of IS Support.
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of IT experience associated with the technical support of PC Hardware, Windows OS, and standard desktop applications such as word processing, e-mail, virus protection, and terminal emulation.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience in multi-user, multi-host environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)