CNC Field Service Engineer
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include up to and not limited to:
* Creating and updating documentation of technical information.
* Developing, preparing, generating, and analyzing ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to Service
* Demonstrating a willingness to help others and be a team member; often working together with Customers Service Engineers.
* Providing assistance and training to Customers Service Engineers on the installation and maintenance of newer product lines.
* Establish and build exemplary communication and customer service relationships with customers.
* Manage difficult customer situations in a positive manner, respond promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors or Associates Degree in technical related field of study preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of CNC machine tools.
* Experience working with Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and/or Siemens and controls are a PLUS.
* GOOD VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS WITH EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTATION.
* MUST BE ABLE TO INTERACT AND EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE IN PERSON AND OVER THE PHONE WITH PEOPLE AT ALL LEVELS OF AN ORGANIZATION.
* PROVEN ABILITY TO READ MECHANICAL DRAWINGS, ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS, AND SEQUENCE (PLC) LADDER DIAGRAMS.
* BASIC COMPUTER LITERACY AND WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MS WORD, EXCEL, AND OUTLOOK.
* MUST BE ADAPTABLE TO CHANGES IN THE WORK ENVIRONMENT; MANAGE COMPETING DEMANDS AND ABLE TO DEAL WITH FREQUENT CHANGE, DELAYS OR UNEXPECTED EVENTS.
* MINIMUM OF 50% TRAVEL IN MULTI-STATE REGION; DRIVE OR FLY DEPENDING ON DISTANCE. EMPLOYEE IS EXPECTED TO WORK AT THE TECHNICAL CENTER WHEN NOT VISITING CUSTOMERS .
Frequent: Travel, operating a vehicle, sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, and reaching. Pushing, pulling, and lifting objects. Repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements.
Periodic: Operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones.
Occasional: Lifting or moving up to 50lbs.