Director or Senior Director Medical Affairs
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
In this newly created and high profile role you will serve as the medical affairs strategic lead for our combination oral schizophrenia treatment that is currently in phase 3 clinical development. The Medical Director is expected to establish key medical strategies for the program that are integrated across the schizophrenia portfolio and the company, ensure that medical tactics are aligned and prioritized with those strategies, and serve as the medical affairs point-person for cross-functional teams.
* Lead the Medical Affairs Strategy Team
* Provide medical affairs expertise and strategic input to Product Development and Medical Affairs teams
* Provides key direction on the product lifecycle management plan
* Partner with commercial, clinical development, and other key functions to define product strategy based on external and internal input
* Review and facilitate investigator initiated studies
* Foster relationships with key researchers and clinicians and solicit input from key medical opinion leaders, including through the planning and execution of medical advisory boards
* As a content expert, review abstracts, manuscripts for publications, scientific symposia presentations, and other medical documents as required
* Provide medical input into Review Committees for promotional and external facing materials, and participation in labeling meetings, where needed
* Provide medical and scientific training and/or support to other staff internally across functions
* Develop, coach and mentor Medical Affairs staff, as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* MD, PhD, PharmD or equivalent,with a minimum of 5 years in a clinical or pharmaceutical setting with background in Medical Affairs.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Experience in psychiatric illness, particularly schizophrenia, or addiction or psychopharmacology a plus
* Strong working knowledge of current regulatory and compliance requirements
* Willingness/ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel may be required.