Associate Analyst 3 - RRS - Credit Estimates
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Moody's
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
- Perform credit analysis of leveraged finance issuers, primarily North American small and medium enterprises
- Complete subsequent updates of credit estimates
- Interpret and analyze financial data
- Identify trends in data and use analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions
- Review rating documentation, including credit agreements and bond indentures
- Coordinate on policy and operational initiatives with Moody's Structured Finance Group and other Analytical Teams within Moody's Corporate Finance Group
The Ratings and Research Support (RRS) organization is dedicated to providing high quality and consistent analytical support across the organization, while facilitating enhanced professional development and career paths. The Associate Analyst 3 will provide point-in-time credit analysis for unrated entities, corporate loans, mezzanine debt and bonds as requested by CLO Collateral Managers for inclusion in Moody's rated CLOs (collateralize loan obligations).
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications), in areas such as Finance, Accounting or Business.
- Good accounting background (e.g., through coursework, progress to CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel, Word and Power Point
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Able to work using own initiative without close supervision
- Preferably some relevant credit analysis experience
- Professional experience in a similar role, or previous exposure to roles with level responsibility
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Associate Analyst 3 - RRS - Credit Estimates