Account Manager: Content Solutions-Economics
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Moody's
The Account Manager (AM) is part of the Sales organization, whose goals include the retention of existing clients and support of the targeted sales growth for Moody's Analytics. AMs have responsibility for supporting the Content Solutions-Economics Sales Representatives and are charged with driving client satisfaction and minimizing attrition. Client engagement is a proven contributor to client satisfaction. Successful AMs implement a structured account plan for supporting the Sales Representatives territories which includes proactive client outreach. AMs also generate new leads from within the territory. Each AM is expected to work both individually and collaboratively with the broader AM team. The Account Manager Role allows for growth into other progressive roles within the company. Furthermore, the Account Manager is responsible for providing sales support by assisting with client demonstrations, training and occasional on-site visits to increase sales and customer satisfaction.
The Content Solutions-Economics Sales Team is part of the Global Sales and Customer Service Group.
- Grow relationships covering the Americas
- Convey the Moody's Analytics value proposition, support retention and minimize attrition
- Maintain high level of product knowledge including key research, product features and benefits and other elements of Moody's Analytics services
- Responsible for client demonstrations, training and on-site visits to improve sales and customer satisfaction
- Gain and maintain familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate Moody's product set
- Play a critical role in the contract renewal process and client retention strategy
- Provide at-risk,and pipeline information to management
- Generate new business leads where appropriate including cross-selling opportunities
- Provide proactive customer service, by working closely across team to ensure client issues and needs are communicated and resolved effectively
- Contact clients to promote and secure their attendance at analyst meetings, roundtables, briefings, teleconferences and other events.
- Promoting awareness regarding publications and new research to the client base
- Light travel may be required.
This role is part of our Economic Solutions Sales Team.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Economics and credit risk background preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years in sales, relationship management or other related client-facing position, preferably within the financial services sector
- Must be degree educated (or equivalent) preferably with a Finance or Economics discipline.
- Experience in account management, client services or sales support required
- Knowledge of financial services and/or capital markets
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to convey important messages to clients and develop rapport over the phone.
- Ability to confidently deal with conflict and difficult situations. Must be able to manage clients' expectations.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Excellent time management/organizational skills. Able to multi-task and adhere to short deadlines.
- Strong initiative/results orientation. Must provide evidence of achieving/exceeding targets and goals.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Account Manager: Content Solutions-Economics
The Madison Square Garden Company
MLB Advanced Media