Software Engineer in Test
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry's leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
SolidFire is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about testing and testability and uses that knowledge to develop innovative automated testing solutions for our state of the art storage solution. This is a high visibility role that will impact the fundamental functionality and performance of our cloud storage and HCI products. More specific responsibilities include:
- Drive test efforts from planning and development to execution and delivery.
- Participate in developing effective test strategies.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation using Python to validate complex storage features
- Communicate and collaborate with the engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
- Work within agile scrum teams operating in the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework
- The candidate should be self driven, with a strong quality and development background and familiarity with test automation.
- Experience writing and executing complex functional and system level test plans, test cases and test reports.
- Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks.
- Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus.
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects.
- Storage systems experience.
- Software development experience with Python.
- Agile/Scrum/SAFe knowledge and experience.
- Experience developing or testing security features is desirable (e.g. Cryptography, Key Management, Multifactor Authentication, FIPs).
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Chicago Mercantile Exchange
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Goldman Sachs USA