Azure O365 Cloud Architect
Posted on Jun 7, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Cloud Azure O365 Cloud Architect. Candidate is responsible for designing the various cloud platforms in conjunction with on-prem services supporting the multiple application stacks that run the business. Provides subject-matter-expertise for current and future planning, technical architectures, models and standards. Working closely with the other members of the architecture team to ensure a cohesive enterprise technology strategy and direction.
- The Cloud Architect establishes and leads the technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business. They maintain enterprise level architecture through the stages of planning, design and execution of all new platform buildouts that support our application strategies.
- Lead, develop, and socialize the design, development, and deployment of solutions for cloud migration, application migration, and cloud data security.
- Ensure cloud solutions/deployments are in line with the enterprise architecture strategies and standards across business, data, application, infrastructure, network, and security spaces.
- Review existing architectures to identify technical deficiencies, design gaps, new opportunities, and create actionable recommendation for cloud migration and enhancements.
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Proceeds from concept, to design, to leading the implementation of complex, medium to large scale projects.
- Ability to balance the long term big picture and short term implications of decisions.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
- Collaborates with other members of the Kirkland management staff and contributes to manager meetings, quarterly summits, etc...
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years general technology experience, Law firm experience a plus
- 3+ years high level cloud infrastructure design
- Extensive In-Depth knowledge in public, private, and multi-cloud/hybrid environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) and migrating on-premise application and services to those platforms.
- Experience with containerization solutions and orchestration platforms, both on-premise and cloud based. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Strong knowledge of templating and automation Scripting such as Power-Shell, Chef, Ansible, and Puppet
- Strong working knowledge of LAN/WAN/SDWAN concepts as they relate to hybrid environments
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) environments
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux server technologies
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in preparing reports, presentations and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency is required.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) as necessary
- Technical certifications (eg, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE; Azure Solutions Architect.) a plus.