Analyst- Application Support I
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Subway
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for analyzing problems, diagnosing the root cause, developing a mitigation plan, and working collaboratively with other teams on development of a permanent fix. Responsible for proactive application monitoring and data analysis to identify issues and mitigate them before they affect the customer or cause a service disruption. Leveraging their in-depth understanding of our software productions and integrations to anticipate and identify complex problems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for triaging, prioritization, and resolution of inbound escalations from Technology Support by analyzing problems, diagnose them, find their root cause and fixing/mitigating the problem.
- Responsible for proactive application monitoring, responding to alerts, and mitigating the problem.
- Testing and review of new software and releases. Responsible for reviewing, understanding and identifying risk of changes and potential impact. Providing post release support and burn-in monitoring.
- Liaison with internal and external development and support teams. Working with customers, development teams, Technology Support Center, and Application Analysts to minimize service disruptions.
- Maintaining and creating support documentation and knowledge base objects.
Skills and abilities required:
- Have a good understanding of operating systems, computers, and applications software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and inter-personal skills. With the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with people are all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of application and systems support, deployment, patching and issue resolution.
- Good understanding of relevance of data to business needs and business processes.
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Technical skills: POS Hardware knowledge, ability to install and repair operating systems and software, knowledge and experience with Point of Sale software.
- Entry to intermediate level knowledge of database (SQL), application/software development, Q/A testing and procedures, scripting and automation knowledge.