Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Subway
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The primary responsibility of the Paralegal will be handling all phases of the Transfers process: Initiation, Consents and Closings for the transfers of Subway franchises located throughout the world. Will eventually handle transfers for several DA territories from start to finish.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review Contracts and initial transfer documents for the sale of Subway(R) restaurants throughout the world and become familiar with what the Company's requirements are in order to determine whether the terms of each Contract/deal fall within those parameters. Learn the differences in procedures for initiating a transfer in each country, currency requirements, and other special procedures that each country requires.
- Research store files and the special procedures memo for the country where the store is located in order to prepare the closing documents and the Company's Consent to Transfer for Subway(R). Lease research and familiarity with Leasing terminology is preferable. Become familiar with the content of the Consent to Transfer Letter for each country, as well as closing documents and legal terminology
- Handle closings of the transfers of franchises from seller to buyer throughout the world. Research store files to determine outstanding amounts that may be due at closing for Subway transfers, work to resolve any disagreements that may arise between the parties with respect to documents or monies due. Work with parties to resolve disputes and refusal to comply with our requirements, possible negotiation of our requirements. Become familiar with the content of the closing documents for each file. After closing, verify that all documents have been completed, signed in accordance with the country's requirements, and confirm that all required funds and other items have been received by the Company
- Prepare reports; handle special projects and any other duties that may be assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Multi-tasking, organizational skills, communication skills, familiarity with closing documents and legal terminology, working knowledge of general accounting practices, real estate closing experience, or Subway experience. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Paralegal Certificate
- Bachelors degree (preferred)