Dir- Social Media
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Subway
Director, Social Media
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Social Media will be to create impactful content across Subway's social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+, etc. The Director of Social Media will be responsible for monitoring industry trends and analytics in order to ensure Subway maintains a consistent and positive media presence.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consulting with Subway Public Relations and Marketing teams to create customized content for social media channels; coordinating with marketing campaigns and sales activities.
- Analyze social media across all platforms to identify micro and macro trends
- Collaborate with Subway legal team in order to ensure all social media posts are within Subway compliance guidelines
- Researching and executing latest social media trends across the web (both written and visual)
- Develop and implement long term social media marketing execution plans.
- Develop a dynamic social media strategy to strengthen positive sentiment, traffic and organically grow fan base
- Monitor social media channels and track Subway's brand presence across the web
- Compile program and campaign level data/results across several social media platforms and create regular analysis reports. Adjust strategy based on report data.
- Manage relationships with key business stakeholders and executive level management ensuring approval on key social media campaigns and plans
- Act as a Subway brand ambassador across all social media channels
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of Social Media experience in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or any related field such as English, Business or Marketing
- Cross department collaboration experience (Legal, Marketing, Public Relations)
- Experience working in a fast paced, high profile capacity
- Previous social media experience with proven ability to create posts and content that is creative and energetic.
- Proven experience in creation and implementation of long term social media plans.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and execute new social media strategies
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience working with highly visible social media channels
- Deadline and detail oriented mind
- Analytical competencies
- Strong understanding of existing brand strategies, emerging social media trends, technologies and Subway best practices