Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Subway
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Accountant is responsible for all accounting activity relating to FAF (Franchise Advertising Fund) USA, including cash management, general ledger analysis and budget vs. actual reporting.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Month End Closing: Full charge of all areas of monthly closing relative to the areas of responsibility. Ensure deadlines are met with monthly closing schedule.
- General Ledger Analysis: All G/L analysis for areas of responsibility. Ensure all analysis is maintained on a monthly basis. Analyze and correct all variances as needed.
- Year-End Audit: Ensure year-end audit deadlines are met and assist in year-end audit which requires timely preparation of financial statements and analysis.
- Cash Management: Responsible for cash management and treasury activity related to companies of responsibility.
- Monthly Budget vs. Actual Reports: Prepare and distribute budget reports to company department heads.
- Third Party Invoicing: Generate weekly invoices as needed.
- A/R Activity & Overhead Entries: Posting monthly entries for all countries.
- Approving Invoices: Approving FAF U.S.A. Administrative invoices to ensure that expenses are within budget.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Previous experience working with international accounting and foreign currency exchange a plus.