Social Media Listening Analyst
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Subway
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Social Media Listening Analyst position will monitor and assess social data across various channels impacting the Subway(R) brand specializing in gathering in-depth data on designated topics based on social media trends, market trends and building deep dive reports based on requests.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to conduct social analysis for research projects, as well as campaigns and present insights to inform strategic decisions.
- Perform ongoing in-depth analysis of social data to identify macro and micro brand trends.
- Develop thematic reports such as gluten-free, nutritional and influencer and share with respective internal teams.
- Build and distribute quarterly social trend reports providing an aggregate view into competitor activity, guest experience and key themes.
- Utilize social media monitoring systems to perform day-to-day monitoring across various social media channels.
- Support guest engagement through public and direct messaging.
- Report on social media activities by visualizing findings using charts and teams to provide teams with actionable insights.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Market Research, Business or comparable discipline.
- 5+ years experience in marketing research, preferably in a corporate or agency setting.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Deep understanding of social media trends, following leading news sources, blogs, thought leaders staying abreast of content.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Familiarity with vendor market place for common customer care applications, social listening platforms and reporting tools.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to deliver information in a concise, visual and actionable manner.
- Working knowledge of social media monitoring platforms such as Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon and Unmetric.
- Proven experience in gathering data, performing analysis and developing in-depth insights and recommendations.