Sr. Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Subway
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
Our team is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer who wants to work with cutting-edge network technologies at a global scale. Our foremost objectives:
- Connecting dynamic hybrid cloud environments
- Automating and streamlining network processes through software-defined networking (SDN)
- Continually improving the performance, reliability, and security of our worldwide network through ITIL principles
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist development teams to identify and map network requirements for applications
- Design, document, deploy, and maintain highly available network solutions.
- Log changes, and prepare proposals and RFC's for new network expansions, and upgrades
- Work in conjunction with Information Security team to maintain network security throughout the ITIL service lifecycle.
- Participate in Business Continuity planning and testing.
- Participate in network break/fix resolution as part of an on-call rotation.
- BS Computer Science, Technology Networking preferred but not required
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Hands on experience implementing network devices including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Strong understanding of OSPF, BGP routing protocols and IPSec & GRE
- Ability to assess, plan, and implement, and document routing designs
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS networking concepts and technologies
- Ability to analyze and communicate networking requirements and recommendations at the corporate level
- Ability to manage and balance a shifting workload
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI a plus
- Scripting and automation experience a plus
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. No phone calls, please.