Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Subway
Join Team Subway(R)-with over 44,000 locations in 105 countries-we recently earned the distinction of the world's largest restaurants chain and we're still growing! We have a unique career opportunity in our Milford Connecticut office.
The DBA is responsible for the day to day operation of the SQL Servers and Databases (e.g. Performance, Backups and Restoring, Replications). Performs upgrades, monitors and fixes Databases and SQL server problems. With general supervision implements and enforces security controls and disaster recovery procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for Database security/maintenance and stability (monitoring, patching, testing) and daily operations.
- Third Party Vendor / FWH code releases and support
- Participation in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery with Database Backups and Restores
- Intermediate hardware and design specification and installations
- Responsible for daily maintenance and problem resolution
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Hands-on experience implementing databases and SQL servers along with proven record of documentation.
- SQL experience with SQL server & Windows OS for all currently supported versions and at least TSQL / SSIS experience.
- Database design and coding experience with C# and TSQL.
- Monitoring systems and providing utilization statistics and capacity planning.
- Ability to create scripts required to perform database and server management tasks.
- Supporting third party vendors / FWH and provide recommendations and suggestions.