DevOps Engineer II
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Subway
Be a part of the Subway(R) Group - the world's largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,000 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The DevOps Engineer II assists with implementation and improves the development, deployment and testing tools that increase the effectiveness of our engineering teams within our development and quality domains. This position will be responsible for delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing delivery environment. It requires highly motivated and focused people curious to build new and innovative solutions for our Clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Influence, develop and execute processes and testing best practices
- Implement C/I and deployment strategies with a DevOps philosophy
- Monitor systems and take corrective actions accordingly
- Automate risk decisions allowing self-service tools to support CI/CD
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture
Skills required for success:
- Experience working with C#, .Net, Python, scripting languages (such as BASH & PowerShell) and complementary programming languages, operating systems and supporting software
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar
- Experience with performance & hardening techniques and Security/Authorization patterns and practices
- Experiencing working Microsoft SQL Server Configurations and TSQL, SSIS Programming
- Experiencing working with VMware, Azure, AWS. Server OS Installing & Configuration.
- Experiencing networking skills, good understanding of TCP and Firewalls.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills complemented with sound interpersonal and team skills
- Proven ability to effectively perform in Agile / Scrum and at advanced levels in Vendor facing Teams
- Curiosity to learn and grow intellectual and technical knowledge
- Consistent record of dependable performance at advanced levels with minimal supervision