Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Northland Community & Technical College
Northland Community & Technical College (NCTC) seeks an adjunct History Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Primary responsibilities will be on the East Grand Forks campus.
Faculty members at NCTC are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: October 31, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / East Grand Forks
Appointment Type: Adjunct
Salary Range: Depends on Qualifications
Job Class Option: 500009
Bargaining Unit/Union MSCF
Work Area: Academics
Location: East Grand Forks
Examples of Duties:
- Deliver instruction using a variety of methods of course instruction, including on-site, online and/or hybrid-blended, and accelerated for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment and English-language learners
- Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
- Engage in scholarly and other professional development activities.
- Course assignments include day, evening, and weekend hours; and off-site locations as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
- Master's degree with a major in history or a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27graduate quarter credits) in history.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- Course construction (credit course)
- Teaching/instructional methods (credit course)
- Student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)
- Philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)
Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
- Experience in teaching at a two year institution and teaching online.
- Experience in graduate courses in political science.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.