Jr. Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Job Classification: Full-time/Non-Exempt
Location: Audubon, PA
Support Projects and Operations of various CNC multi-axis Milling machining centers to facilitate production. Develop processes for manufacturing in accordance with ISO-13485.
* Maintain efficiency of production thru machine and process improvement.
* Maintain quality objectives while controlling costs.
* Adhere to and maintain production schedules.
* Develop inspection methods.
* Troubleshoot, help operators to find solutions.
* Layout and develop programs for effective machining.
* Design and determine tooling needed for projects.
* Promote the implementation of verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, travelers, work instructions, process specifications, and sketches, in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
* Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals.
* Exercise Good Machining Practices, programming code, tooling, setups, and inspection techniques.
* Train operators to utilize skills needed to maintain quality products.
* Setup and prove out programs before releasing to production.
* Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or related experience.
* 1-4 years hands-on experience as a 5-axis CNC Milling or Turning Machinist in a production metal cutting environment.
* Full understanding of the operations of the machines.
* Master cam programming for CNC Milling and Turning
* G-code programming using variables and Macro-B arguments
* Clean, organized, and multi-task capable.
* Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual. Experience in specialty materials (i.e. titanium, stainless steel, cobalt chrome, PEEK)
* Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail.
* Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Good communication skills.
* Willing to grow with the Company.
* Ability to move or transfer products.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required.
* Ability to use hand truck to move drums of oil/coolant.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.