Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
This position will be responsible for setting up and operating computer numerical control machines to manufacture precision components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Retrieve job related information (job routings, part drawing, tool list, work-instruction, in-process inspection sheet) Complete change-over activities (Machine preparation from previous job set-up to new job set-up)
* Complete manufacturing of first part per process instruction
* Review supplied raw-material for dimensions, quantity, defects and required heat lot/certification numbers Manufacture parts to required quantity
* Document manufactured quantities utilizing ERP system
* Inspect and document parts according to in-process inspection sheet requirements Troubleshoot parts when issues occur
* Work with the Engineering department to improve machining processes Stabilize machining processes to turn over to Operator for production run Train Operators as needed on job related items
* Sign off work order utilizing ERP system
* Print a physical document (i.e. router) when required
* Provide tote, documents and parts to next process step
* Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures Document completion of all required processes in ERP system
* Provide end-of-shift report detailing activities of the shift
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in an exemplary manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED
5 years experience setting up and operating CNC milling and/or turning machines Ability to read technical drawings
Understanding of GD&T
Experience using measuring tools and gages
Experience with Siemens and/or Heidenhain controls preferred
Experience with Deckel Maho Gildemeister (DMG) machines preferred
Ability to write professionally for multiple outlets that conform to prescribed style and format Ability to communicate effectively verbally
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio) Experience with ERP system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is routinely required to stand; walk and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Employee may occasionally be required to lift parts weighing up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.