Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
The primary function of this position is to direct the daily operations and support services of the site. Overall responsibility for leading plant teams in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Provides leadership to all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance and team based culture.
* Provide leadership, direction and manage site operations to include manufacturing, operational excellence, materials andquality.
* Develop, implement and review suitable short and long range plans to achieve assigned Plant and group objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts based on customer
* Coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, maintenance, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration
* Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations
* Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by embracing Continuous Improvement culture tools
* Ensure that companypolicies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed
* Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations
* Represent companyin local organizations and community service activities
* Drives customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development and other operations metrics of the facility
* Develops and maintains innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations
* Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
* Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to manage plant operations
* Ability to direct and lead cross-functional teams
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
* Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
* Understanding of commercial vehicle markets
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS[note: bold skills and certification are required]
BACHELORS DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION
MINIMUM 7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT
MINIMUM 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A MANAGER OF PEOPLE
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT COMPANY SPONSORSHIP.
Masters degree from an accredited institution
Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
Prior work experience in different operational functions