Electrical Engineering Department Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Our client company is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineering Department Manager for the power division. They are a rapidly growing local division of a national company with a team approach to projects and client satisfaction. They provide Consulting Design Engineering Services for the petrochemical, pipeline, refinery and chemical industries as well as serving heavy industrial, utility companies and midstream operations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Manager who is ready to taketheir career to the next level of responsibility and who will enjoy working in a team environment.
* Responsible for the overall management of the electrical power department and team.
* Managing a group of electrical design engineers and industrial engineering design projects.
* Ability to work in a team environment for project collaboration.
* Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
* P.E. (Professional Engineer) is required
* 15+ years experience as an electrical design engineer in the following industries:
* Heavy Industrial, Chemicals, Gas Facilities, Light Manufacturing; the key is diversity.
* Leadership & Management experience, ideally electrical engineer should have experience managing 5+ direct reports including engineers and designers.
* If you have leadership experience and ready to take the next step into management, this could be an option. Must have all other requirements.
* Power distribution experience required. Substation experience would be a bonus
* Instrumentation and Controls knowledge
* Experience in low to medium voltage design
They seek an individual that is highly organized, able to multi-task several projects and the desire to succeed. Someone who has very strong communication skills, ability to learn new skills, assumes new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team environment.
The company will offer the selected individual a competitive compensation package to include excellent benefits.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT MANAGER