Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* International foods manufacturer headquartered in the Chicago area is searching for a Transportation Manager to their operation.
* This companies manufacturers snacks that are distributed across the US and world. The Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing the operational transportation for all inbound and outbound shipments
* This is a crucial role to the organization and is open due to a retirement.
* People who work at this organization will obtain great career growth, a good team, great benefits and a corporate culture of continuous improvement
* PLEASE LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
* Lead a team of Logistics and Transportation Planners
* Create short-term and long-term strategies for transportation needs
* Select vendors and negotiate annual national contracts
* Negotiate supplier claims as needed
* Analyze, track and manage KPIs and transportation metrics to streamline and improve needs as necessary
* Work with 10+ plants and distribution centers across the US on day to day activities (including, but not limited to transportation, lane analysis, TL, LTL, etc.).
* Manage inbound and outbound freight for Canada and Mexico
* Manage TMS (Transportation Management System)
* Ensure compliance with all government regulatory agencies standards (example: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Administration (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).)
* Document and follow up on all department processes in order to implement improvements
* Perform projects and other duties as necessary
* BS/BA or equivalent 10+ years of transportation management experience required.
* 5+ years managing a team of transportation planners, supervisors and analysts.
* 5+ years of transportation/logistics expertise specifically in negotiations, analysis, TMS, KPIs, metrics, regulations, MS Excel, ERP, TL, LTL, etc.
* Must have experience with shipping and receiving perishable products; preferably in food manufacturing environment
* Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop a team
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task
* Proven ability to lead, coach and develop a successful transportation team