Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
As a key member of the Maintenance, Reliability, Engineering (MRE) Team, the Controls Manager will work with Operations and Maintenance teams to design and develop innovative solutions for a variety of process challenges and build next generation automation technology to streamline processes and optimize manufacturing costs while meeting customer demands. Our goals and KPIs include outstanding safety performance, absolute environmental compliance, zero unplanned equipment down time, consistent product quality, 100 percent execution of the asset care plans and overall maintenance cost control.
* Develop an overriding strategy for process control and automation systems to ensure relability and long term effectiveness.
* Assist with the development of a detailed controls modernization strategy across all sites, coordinated with process improvement and growth initiatives.
* Design and develop innovative practical solutions to maintenance, reliability and operations challenges.
* Lead large-scale controls engineering projects to design process control and automation system specifications, leverging resources and driving projects to production.
Director, Maintenance, Reliability and Engineering
* Demonstrates leadership in driving Zero-incident safety culture.
* Mentor other members of MRE and Operations.
* Implement established engineering controls strategies.
* Identify and implement Cost Improvement and Cost Avoidance opportunities.
* Design, develop, program and test new and modified control logic prior to installation.
* Develop fully functional and integrated control logic, control loops and operator interfaces in compliance with operations and maintenance standards.
* Initiate recommendations for improvements to automation and control logic to address performance issues. Proactively identify process improvement opportunities.
* Function as the subject matter expert regarding all aspects of control logic software and hardware. Coach, mentor, advise, support other developers in areas of need. Assist area leaders with day to day automation activities and long term projects.
* Troubleshoot equipment faults and failures, problematic and unresolved technical/operational issues and recommend viable solutions.
* Effectively communicate and coordinate work with operations and maintenance staff to mitigate or minimize impact on process operations. Follow policies/procedures for all shutdown requests and operation of equipment to test programming logic.
* Ensure all hardware and software work is properly documented.
Location Pensacola Florida, Will manage Controls Projects at other facilities in Decatur Alabama, Greenwood South Carolina, Alvin Texas.May be possible to live at other locations than Pensacola if dsired.Fast track position to upper management High Profile.The corporation is the leader in its speacility field Also highley diversified in other products.I am working directly with the hiring Director over all plants.
The person we hire needs to be able to assess our overall manufacturing business (all sites) from a plant operational controls perspective. This will include the complete interface between the operator and technician and the process equipment. We need someone that understands current industry trends and is familiar with the Delta V platform (or could get familiar quickly). The automation systems they have experience with should include some major names like Allen Bradley, Delta V, Provox, Emerson, Yokagowa, etc. They should have experience with major conversions of manufacturing sites.
They should be familiar with the companies that do the labor during the conversions. They should be familiar with brownfield project execution with an emphasis on change management with key operational staff. They should understand terms like user acceptance testing, management of change, alarm management optimization, data historians, UPS backup systems, software and hardware security threats and systems/firewall best practices, SIS, etc.
This person will have to travel some. They will have to work through others so they need to be influential. They should be able to estimate project costing, labor requirements, timing expectations, and handle multiple projects at once across the sites. This person must be able to prioritize our automation/controls needs across the business.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
* 10+ years of relavent industry experience in integrating control subsystems.
* 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in industrial control systems including proactively monitoring and analysis, recommendations for improvement, installation in industrial control, process control, manufacturing or military.
* Proven hardware/software development experience.
* Prior leadership experience with the demonstrated ability to positively influence at all levels of the organization.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to successfully build and sustain positive and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Ability to read, interpret and write plans, specifications, working drawings, schematics and project schedules.
* Self-motivated, well organized, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
* Knowledgeable with respect to Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint software programs.
* Must have excellent time management skills and be able to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to travel
Affinity Executive Search
Affinity Executive Search
Affinity Executive Search