Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Jun 7, 2022 by Request Technology
Senior Network Engineer
Salary: $140k-$155k + Bonus
Location: Chicago, IL
Hybrid role: (3 days in-office, 2 days remote)
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
A prestigious company is seeking a Senior Network Engineer with hands-on technical skills in CISCO switch routing and able to lead a team having supervisory experience. You will lead the implementation of new network technologies as well as day-to-day operations and change management of all deployed network technologies. Experience with CISCO Nexus 9000 Switches highly preferred but not required.
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role is required
- Expertise utilizing and configuring network monitoring and configuration tools such as SolarWinds NPM/NCM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Riverbed SCC, Cisco Security Manager, McAfee Network Security Manager, Cisco Firepower Manager, and Cisco ISE Administration
- Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred
- Experience with Nexus 9 strongly preferred but not required
- Network and security certifications such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, and others are a plus
- Knowledge of current LAN and WAN networking standard protocols.
- Expertise in the maintenance techniques required for IP Networks and Cisco hardware and software.
- Knowledge of and experience with network standards/best practices in the implementation of new offices.
- Expertise with controller based wireless network standards and best practices, and the ability to monitor and troubleshoot these networks.
- Basic Scripting techniques and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the network environment effectively.
- Experience with support and implementation of SSL and IPsec VPN remote access.
- Ability to manage structured wiring, both copper and fiber optic.
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies.
- Understand network security best practices.
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors.
- Ability to interact effectively with telecommunication carriers.
- Experience with network protocol analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience with syslog, NetFlow, and other tools to monitor network performance
- Responsible for developing standardized methods for infrastructure implementations as well as configuration standardization reporting and remediation
- Effective production support activities, including technical writing and the creation of documentation, training, and other communications with minimal supervision
- Strong environmental and technology background to be able to understand change requests and disseminate information to groups potentially impacted
- Recommends process improvements and changes while mitigating the impact of change for self and team
- Consulted by peers and seen as an informal leader in the group on tactical problem solutions.
- Leads small to large size projects with little oversight
- Strong process coordination skills
- Drives compliance with structured Project Delivery Process seeking to meet all expected phase outputs to ensure project success
- Coordinates installations with other IT resources, able to perform routine and standard installations, capable of developing documentation and work plans, able to execute routine test plans