Project Manager - Business
Posted on Jun 7, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Business Project Manager - 6 month contract to hire OR Direct hire OR contract
Looking for a very strong business project manager who is almost director level. Would like to see manufacturing or distribution supply chain industry experience but not a must. You will drive business process manage, multiple projects or programs simultaneously. PMP Certified is a must have.
- Deliver on all project management activities for an assigned project or program from Initiation through Closure.
- Demonstrate natural leadership and communication skills to instill confidence in business executive team of your expertise and capability.
- Manage projects in any functional area of a business, ie Manufacturing, Supply Chain, IT/Systems, HR, Finance, etc.
- Manage multiple projects or programs simultaneously. Potentially across multiple businesses, across time zones, internationally, etc. Includes travel nationally and internationally as required by the project.
- Adopt, utilize and enhance the standard company tools, processes and templates.
- Work with a continuous improvement mind-set so that all activities become inputs and improvements for future projects.
- Identify and manage project and program interdependencies.
- Manage external parties involved in an assigned project.
- Manage project completion, handover to steady-state, and post implementation reviews.
- Ensure compliance with company policies for health, safety and environment.
- Ensure compliance with company policies for governmental and local laws and regulations.
- Able to demonstrate 10+ years of formal, dedicated project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience in managing projects across multiple business functions and disciplines.
- Able to demonstrate experience in leading discussions and extracting required information out of resources to define business requirements, project scope, solution design and options analysis, project planning, resource management, risk and issue management, communications plans, then be able to drive projects through to a successful completion.
- Able to demonstrate ability to confront situations that need resolution, no matter how uncomfortable the situation is.
- Able to demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate professional interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive style.
- Able to demonstrate being performance and outcome oriented.
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail including the ability to capture and record decisions, discussions and events for referential purposes.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time domestically and internationally.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in using common office technology and tools. Must be proficient in MS Project.