Peoplesoft HCM Developer
Posted on Jun 7, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Peoplesoft HCM Developer. Candidate will be responsible for developing, configuring, implementing and maintaining HR and payroll systems; troubleshooting and resolving production support issues quickly and summarizing and reporting the results; producing appropriate documentation and notifications for changes to production systems or fixes to production problems; responsible for creating unit and system testing scenarios and scripts, performing unit testing, assisting business teams in system and UAT testing, and documenting testing results; creating and running statistical reports as well as ad hoc requests for clients; other responsibilities as assigned.
- Makes recommendations for approaches to development on new items or resolutions to issues. Discusses proposed solutions with user depts. Prepares reports outlining the proposed systems or resolutions.
- Design, develop, test, analyze and implement solutions to meet business needs and objectives.
- Provides Level 3 support. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Works with vendor(s) to troubleshoot issues.
- Ensures that programs and projects are designed to support and implement the Firms goals and strategic objectives.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Coordinates regular meetings with key user group to review work intake items, discuss priorities, and review status.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience developing HR and Payroll applications, including experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 for HCM, Payroll for North America, Time and Labor, Absence Management, Talent Acquisition or Benefits Administration in a global environment is required.
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships.
- In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.
- Program/Project Management
- Understands basic project management concepts, both waterfall and agile, and can lead small projects or development efforts.
- Has some experience in using project management software as a tool in charting the course of a project.
- Technical Ability
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL and a programming language (ie PeopleCode, Java, .Net, C+, etc.).
- Understanding of the development life cycle.
- Must have working knowledge of development with PeopleCode, PeopleSoft Application Designer, and SQL. PeopleSoft upgrade or implementation project experience is recommended. Development skills with PeopleSoft Fluid is preferred.
- PeopleSoft HCM v9.1 - v9.2
- PeopleTools 8.54 to 8.58
- PeopleCode, Application Packages, Application Engines,
- BI Publisher
- In addition, the candidate must have the capability to learn and support other HR systems outside of PeopleSoft.