Senior Software Developer - Data Storage
Posted on Jun 7, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Senior Software Developer - Data Storage. This is a hybrid position, 3 days remote, 2 days onsite. This position will be a full stack engineer who can build data storage platforms with the use of microservices. This position will need experience with Python, Java, Spark, and AWS.
- Develop data governance related services using Python, Spark, Java, and AWS
- Develop data filtering, transformational and loading requirements
- Define and execute ETLs using Python and Spark among other Data technologies
- Determine appropriate translations and validations between source data and target databases
- Implement business logic to cleanse & transform data
- Design and implement appropriate error handling procedures
- Develop project, documentation and storage standards in conjunction with data architects
- Monitor performance, troubleshoot and tune ETL processes as appropriate using tools like CloudWatch in the AWS ecosystem.
- Execution of end to end implementation of underlying data ingestion workflow.
- At least 4 years of experience developing in Python, Spark, Scala, Java
- At least 3 years' experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google
- Experience working with different Databases and understanding of data concepts (including data warehousing, data lake patterns, structured and unstructured data)
- Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests