Azure DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jun 6, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Azure DevOps Engineer is an expert in DevOps practices within the organization, providing solutions and technical implementations aligned with IT software development to provide high quality solutions to meet business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 8+ years of proven experience in developing cloud automation (DevOps) projects
- 4+ years of working experience on the Azure DevOps (ADO) framework, including Azure Pipelines, Azure Repos, Azure Artifacts, Azure Test Plans, Azure Board, and Azure Monitoring
- Subject-matter expert in Release Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Responsible for developing and delivering scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Experience with version control systems including branching, pulling, tagging using Git
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code/automating the services creation and deployment using tools such as Terraform.
- Experience working on an agile scrum project delivery while adopting scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning, daily standups, retrospective and review/demo)
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Responsible for producing deployment run books and Implementation Plans Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Responsible for providing tool awareness and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production
- Technical ability to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Monitoring the processes during the entire life cycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing waste
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (Azure, .NET, Web Services, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server, Clustering, Active Directory etc.).
- Experience in development and supporting enterprise applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical information to IT professionals.