BI Architect (Azure) 50% remote in Ghent
Posted on Jun 6, 2022 by IT Human Resources
My client in Belgium, urgently seeks a BI Architect to service their end-user manufacturing client in Ghent.
The role is hybrid, with a mix of 50% remote working, and 50% on-site.
- You will be responsible for the design of the proposed data architecture on technical level.
- You will take part in modernization of the client's BI & Analytics landscape. In 2021/2022 they will migrate BI applications (both Back End and Front End) to the Cloud (MS Azure).
- You will be in charge of modelling needs (both new needs and corrections or improvements of existing flow/integrations) and will design/extend advanced conceptual, logical and physical datamodels, within a complete functional and technical architecture
- You will work together with other BI architects, BI analysts, BI infrastructure experts and BI developers to define technical strategy and optimal integration within the existing client BI landscape.
- Translation of the designed solution towards BI developers, reviewing proposed solutions and optimizing where needed will be part of this role
- You will participate to the definition of a testing strategy
- Design, develop and continuously improve supporting activities (automation of versioning, release mgmt., scheduling, security models)
- Business intelligence architect, at least 5/6 years of experience and adapting quickly to the way of working in the client BI landscape and process and guidelines
- Being able to understand and taking up the necessary knowledge about the BI application he/she would be working for in a fast and efficient way.
- BI architect competence and experience of at least 5/6 years
- Knowing the BI concepts/general DWH principles are a must
- Ralph Kimball, Bill Inmon, Dan linstedt are known
- Knowledge of latest market trends (big data, Cloud, ) is a must
- Azure Cloud Architecture knowledge is a must
- Experience of working in large companies
- Datavault principles: understanding is a must but developing via Wherescape is an asset
- Advanced knowledge and experience in datawarehouse dimensional modelling: must
- Powerdesigner is a must
- SQL, PL/SQL competence: must
- ETL - Powercenter Informatica development is a must even if it won't be the main task since we have other BI developers to concentrate on the BI development. Be aware that in some situations BI ETL development may be necessary (for instance to speed up performance etc)
- SAP BI Front End tool development is an asset
- Qlik (Qlikview, Qliksense) or other dashboarding tools like PowerBi are an asset
- IBM Netteza competence is an asset
- Oracle competence is an asset (might be needed when working on multiple platforms)
- English speaking
For immediate consideration, please send me your latest CV.
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.