Posted on Jun 6, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Workplace System Administrator
6 Month Contract
Competitive Market Day Rate
Our client is a rapidly expanding global Fund Services Company with almost 5000 staff based in 50 different locations world-wide. They use a private cloud computing model with most IT services outsourced to several vendors. The Senior System Administrator will report to Infrastructure manager on a functional basis but support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
Senior System Administrator will play a vital role in IT Operations. He/she should act as a trusted advisor and possess subject matter expertise in his/her domain to collaborate and facilitate with the Technical Design Team in designing, planning, implementing state of art IT solutions.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Build an excellent awareness of the business requirements and in-depth knowledge of our Office 365, and Azure AD environments, adjacent technologies, and supporting processes
- Provide deep-level troubleshooting in conjunction with vendor and third-party support within the applicable technology platforms
- Work with the Technical Design team, vendors, and project managers to implement solutions as per the agreed HLD and LLD designs and transition them into BAU
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of small to medium projects and assist with migration projects arising from mergers and acquisitions.
- Responsible for ensuring that delivery and support teams are aware for any new service being introduced that may require training and education of the respective teams
- Act as the interface between the IT Workplace L2 team and Technical Design team to ensure that the operations team has detailed knowledge of the infrastructure and implemented services
- Planning and engineering of normal, standard, or emergency changes within the applicable technology platform that you are responsible for
- Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required.
- Suggest and develop different automation solutions in the environment
- Ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise, and persuasive communication for multiple audiences, including effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner.
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
- Assist with testing system releases, patches, and disaster recovery.
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management
- Support the business in the governance and management of vendors covering IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DaaS with technical input.
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 7+ years' experience as system administrator in Office365/Exchange On-prem, or Azure environments
- Mandatory certification in Office365 or Exchange
- Proven skills and excellent understanding of Azure, Azure AD, ADFS, Windows server OS and all adjacent services like Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS and etc.
- Certification in other platform or Cloud technologies will be considered as a strong advantage
- Good PowerShell Scripting a requirement
- Experience with Citrix desktop virtualisation technologies (XenApp/Xendesktop/CVDA) will be considered as a strong advantage
- Experience in building and supporting complex IT environments and solutions
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and good at working under own initiative.
- Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with several stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
- Ability to articulate design topics, using tools such as Visio, PowerPoint, and any modelling tools utilising ArchiMate.
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure
- Certification in frameworks such as ITIL v4, ISO 27001 would be an advantage