Loan Servicing Supervisor (Mortgages/Consumer)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Michael Page International - US
Our client is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative that offers a wide range of banking, investment and insurance products and services to the global UN community.
The Loan Servicing Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Monitors, delegates, and assigns daily functions in operations when needed.
- Has knowledge of every function in operations and ensures procedures are followed and timelines are met consistently.
- Reviews weekly Tax and Insurance Expiration Reports to monitor open tax, flood and hazard insurance items.
- Prepares weekly Mortgage and HELOC Delinquency Reports for management.
- Reviews and monitors daily principal and interest payments to Investors.
- Reviews and monitors monthly reconciliation reports to Investors.
- Prepares month end KPI reports and distributes to management.
- Responsible for performing and coordinating UAT for DNA, LenderLink and other Loan Servicing systems.
- Monitors the reconciliation of Allied Solutions force-placed reports and billings.
- Partners with Accounting Department to ensure balancing of relevant general ledger accounts.
- Reviews NWTC billings with monthly payoff status reports.
- Provides ongoing coaching to direct reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of member information.
- Creates a smooth transition of information from Operations to Member Service within Loan Servicing.
- Meets established standards and guidelines with regard to compliance, job knowledge, quality, attendance and punctuality, efficiency, initiative, member service and overall performance.
- Develops and changes policies and procedures as necessary.
- Builds in controls to ensure loan servicing risks are monitored and mitigated.
- Exhibits professionalism, empathy, and courtesy in all interactions with UNFCU members and colleagues.
The ideal Loan Servicing Supervisor will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, plus 5 years of related work experience in loan servicing or in work that provided a working knowledge of mortgage and consumer loan products, including secured and unsecured loans, auto loans, lines of credit, and credit cards
- Previous supervisory experience
- Must have a good working knowledge of servicing guidelines and regulatory requirements established under RESPA and implemented through CFPB
- Must have general knowledge of federal, state, county or city, investor, insurer, and internal laws, policies and procedures with regard to mortgage and consumer loan servicing
- Expertise in Loan Servicing systems
- Familiarity with loan related documents such as Note, Mortgage/Deed of Trust, Riders, PMI and Flood Certificates, and Closing Disclosures/TRID
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Fiserv DNA and Apropos is a plus
Leading the organization:
- managing change
- solving problems and making decisions
- managing politics and influencing others
- taking risks and innovating
- setting vision and strategy
- managing the work
- enhancing business skills and knowledge
- understanding and navigating the organization
Leading the self:
- demonstrating ethics and integrity
- displaying drive and purpose
- exhibiting leadership stature
- increasing your capacity to learn
- managing yourself
- increasing self-awareness
- developing adaptability
- communicating effectively
- developing others
- valuing diversity and inclusion
- building and maintaining relationships
- managing effective teams and work groups
The Loan Servicing Supervisor (Mortgages/Consumer) will receive a competitive annual base salary in Queens, New York.You will manage and be accountable for the daily operations of Loan Servicing staff and coordinate their responsibilities in the areas of New Loans, Payoffs, Satisfactions, Taxes, Insurance, Payments, Investor Reporting, Modifications and Extensions. Responsible for evaluation of staff performance and provide guidance and coaching.
New York Life Insurance Company
Trinity Street Capital Partners
Goldman Sachs USA