Unit Tech - Women's HlthSpec Sv
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Parkland Health & Hospital System
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you'll be part of a team that's providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you'll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients-and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America's Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Coordinates patient care and clerical needs by acting as a contact for the unit, while assisting and responding to information requests from providers, nurses, staff, patients, patient families and others to effectively service unit staff and customers by providing a permanent information resource within the unit.
- Must have some clerical experience and/or training AND
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course; OR,
- Must have a medical assistant diploma or certificate; OR
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school; OR,
- Must have successfully completed Parkland's job specific training program.
- Must have a current Heart Saver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in performing a variety of patient care and clerical duties.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel from other departments, managers, providers, staff, patients and their families.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexible work habits and skill at setting priorities.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to perform a variety of assigned duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient center/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.